Sunday, February 21, 2010

Leaving Miami

Finally - vacation!

Shawn and I are going on the Cayamo singer-songwriter cruise.

Shawn's been bugging me to go on a cruise since we met, but I'm not really a cruise-type person. I agreed to this one, however, for the music.
Our ship - the Norwegian Dawn - set sail from Miami. These pictures are taken from the deck, looking back at the city skyline.
It's pretty impressive to see all the boats lined up and to watch them as they navigate the shipping lanes.

A bit more involved than getting through Kent Narrows!
Daniel's band - Larkin Poe (formerly the Lovell Sisters) - was invited to play on the cruise. They'll be doing three showcases during the course of the trip.

In the meantime, we've got tickets to see Lyle Lovett, Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, John Hiatt, and Brandi Carlisle. And we'll get to see Buddy Miller, Robert Earl Keen, Shawn Mullins, and a bunch more.

Port calls are Belize and Costa Maya, so I won't be trapped the entire trip. And if nothing else, the sun feel FANTASTIC.

Yep, I'm on vacation.

No comments: