Thursday, January 05, 2006

Moving Day

To quote Miss Scarlett, with God as my witness, I will never move myself again! Professional movers rock! I suppose I should withhold judgment until the job is finished and all our stuff is safely in the new house. But I gotta tell you, the process on this end has been pretty painless.

When Cornell told us that they'd pay our moving costs, we were elated. Shawn met with three companies who walked around the house and sized up our worldly possessions. They provided estimates -- all under the maximum we were allowed -- which we sent to the University business office. My "financial consultant" wrote up a purchase order, we contacted our favorite company and scheduled the move. Yesterday, three guys spent the better part of 12 hours packing everything up. They did a great job -- especially in the kitchen, which is always the WORST room to pack. This morning, two guys came over and built a couple of crates for the TV and the glass shelves on the TV table. This afternoon, four guys are loading everything on a big truck.

In a couple days, we'll meet them in Arnold, where they'll unload it all for us. When it's over, the company will send the final bill to the business office.

I could get used to service like this!



Dianne

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yea you! I'm so glad you're back. We're definitely coming down to see you in May. Great pics on Shawn's blog. What an adorable place!

Dianne said...

We can't wait to have you visit! But more important, we can't wait to come to Maine again!!