Saturday, January 14, 2006

Getting Settled

The movers are long gone, but we're still wading through boxes. As the piles get smaller, I get happier about the way the new house will flow when we're finally unpacked. Last night, Shawn hung shelves in two closets off the kitchen, making a pretty good pantry out of precious space that was being wasted. I promised him I'd finish unpacking the kitchen today, now that everything will have its place.

My goal is to have all the boxes gone next weekend before the kids arrive. We bought 'em all super saver plane tickets -- I got very good at watching united.com for the best deals between Washington and Knoxville when Shawn and I were dating -- and are looking forward to introducing them to the area.

We're still figuring out the neighborhood -- Shawn found a Trader Joe's in Annapolis, so I'm thrilled that I won't have to drive to Virginia to get my fix. But I think we're going to like it here.

Dianne

No comments: