Monday, April 03, 2006

Insurance Claims

After repeated attempts, I think I finally have everything squared away with the insurance company to get my car fixed. Last week, they asked me to send them a damage estimate -- Phillip, my trusty mechanic, told me it will cost about $750 to repair the fender and repaint the damaged area -- so they can begin processing my claim. They will decide whether my estimate is reasonable before they cut me a check, which should also cover the cost of a rental car for the time the car is in the shop. In any case, I'm not holding my breath til they show me the money!

I've also spent the better part of a week going back and forth with the credit union about a boat loan. Shawn's finally found a boat the he likes that will meet all of our needs. He's itching to get out on the water, and doesn't understand why the loan officer keeps asking for more information before he'll close the loan. I'm hopeful that we'll have this wrapped up by the end of the week.

Though even if the paperwork is finalized, we won't be able to put the boat in the water this weekend, because we're going to Tennessee to meet our granddaughter! As I write this, Tiffany is in the hospital in labor. Last update, a couple hours ago, everything was going well, but Ella still hadn't made her grand entrance. Shawn can't wait to play the proud and indulgent granddad, and start spoiling her. We'll upload pictures, either here or over on Chesapeake Life, as soon as they are available.


Dianne

No comments: