Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My Poor Little Car

So I get into work and the phone rings. "This is Broadspire, calling for Dianne."

"This is Dianne."

"We received your estimate from the body shop. When we verified it, we found some minor discrepancies with labor rates and came up with our own estimate of $630. When we called the shop to work out the differences, they told us that the work had already been done."

"No. I promise, I haven't had any work done. I was waiting for your check."

"Oh... we talked to (someone) at the garage, and he told us that the repairs had been done."

"Someone is mistaken. Can you call the garage and work this out and call me back?"

"Okay, I'll do that. Have a nice day!"

Maybe my little car will get fixed someday. And maybe the bus company's insurance company will pay for it. And maybe Philip's brother-in-law will negotiate his full price from them....

In the meantime, I promised more pictures of Ella.


We had a nice time in Knoxville this weekend, getting to know our granddaughter -- she's so tiny! -- hanging out with the boys, and catching up with friends.


The only hitch came when Ella had to go to the hospital. Like many babies, she had a touch of jaundice, and her pediatrician thought it best that she spend some time under the Bili lights. She stayed for two nights, but was released in time to hear her Dad play with Brendan Wright on the radio at noon on Monday.
I caught their show at my desk -- they sounded great! When Blue Plate Special host Red Hickey (that's really her radio name!) asked Daniel what instrument Ella would play, he said he hoped she'd be a professional bass fisherman.

Bass, bass -- it all looks the same on paper!


We're planning to go back at the end of the month. In addition to more quality time with Ella, we're looking forward to being at Cory's debut singer/songwriter solo acoustic performance at the Java Garden in Morristown. He told us it's no big deal -- that if we missed it, he'd probably do it again -- but we're not buying it. To Shawn, who really hates missing any of the boys' performances, this is a big deal!

Dianne

No comments: