Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tiger Stadium, June 3, 2006






What to do on a Saturday night in Michigan?

Shawn and I decided to treat my parents to a night on the town. Suzi, Mitch and their boys joined us on our outing to see the division, league, and baseball-leading Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park. Mom's been going to see the Tigers since she was a little girl -- she's the biggest fan I know -- and I've been to a dozen or so games over the years, all in the old Tiger Stadium. This was the first time any of us had been to the new stadium in downtown Motown. Nice!

After one missed exit (my fault), a rain delay (not my fault), and indecision about where to sit (we were only able to get standing room tickets and standing through the entire game was NOT an option), we settled in an upper deck section above right field to watch the game. Despite the $5.00 hotdogs and the $8.00 beer, we had a great time watching the Tigers beat the Boston Red Sox. The final score was 6 - 2.

The highlight of the evening for Freddie and Miltie (and Shawn) was the post-game firework show!

Dianne

No comments: