Saturday, December 02, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree

We didn't have a Christmas tree last year because we were moving. I didn't think I missed it until I started unpacking ornaments for this year's tree. I have boxes and boxes of decorations -- heirlooms from my Grandmother, souvenirs from my travels, things I've admired in store windows, and presents from friends and family -- and every one of them has a story.

Shawn was switching back and forth between the Florida-Alabama and the USC-UCLA games while I decorated the tree. He swears he enjoyed listening to me tell him about every ornament I unwrapped. But by the time I put the star on the top branch, and Florida was on its way to the national championship and USC was staying home at the Rose Bowl, I think my husband knew more than he ever wanted to about the many baubles hanging on our Christmas tree!

Dianne

No comments: