Monday, September 28, 2009

Shawn's Birthday Party

We stayed an extra day in Knoxville so Shawn could celebrate his birthday with the kids.

He's been asking for a commercial juicer for some time now. In his quest to devise the perfect margarita, he's determined that fresh-squeezed limes are THE key ingredient.

I bought the juicer attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer, and while that works, it's not quite as elegant (or physical) as the monster juicers that his favorite bartenders use. I did some research and decided that only a Ra Chand would do. They're made in Mexico and all the best bars have them.
Instead of ordering one and having it shipped (or trying to sneak it to Tennessee in our luggage), I crossed my fingers and hoped I could find one at the restaurant supply store a couple blocks from our old Fifth Avenue house.

Success!

Daniel nearly spoiled the surprise by asking, "What's the deal with the fruit basket in our bedroom?"

"Fruit basket? What fruit basket? You must be seeing things!"

Needless to say, Shawn was delighted when he learned that he REALLY was getting a fruit basket - and that it contained all the fixings for his perfect margarita!

The birthday boy wasted no time - with a little help from Ella - in mixing up a pitcher.

I think he had fun!

No comments: