Monday, December 21, 2009

Snowed In

Or maybe "plowed in" would be a better description of what I found when I got home this morning.

Amazingly, our 6:00 a.m. flight from Knoxville was on time. We splurged on covered parking at the airport (worth every dollar!) so we wouldn't have to dig the car out this morning. The main roads had been plowed and cleared - no problems leaving Dulles.

I dropped Shawn at his office (my office was closed - we follow the federal government), picked up Crockett, and came home to find our driveway completely plowed in by the County. I had no choice but to start shoveling. It took a few minutes, but I got the result I'd hoped for: a passing truck stopped and the driver asked if I'd like him to snowblow my driveway. Guess how long it took me to say yes??!!

No comments: