Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2008 Presidential Green Chemistry Awards

I wouldn't say yes to visitors just four days after moving without a very good reason.

My brother-in-law Mitch Smith and his colleague Rob Maleczka won the 2008 Presidential Green Chemistry Award.

I'm not a fan of the Bush Administration, but I think they got this one right!

I couldn't begin to tell you what their research is about, but I'm so pleased that they've received this recognition. My sister Suzi is part of the Smith-Maleczka team and was also honored at the ceremony at the National Academy of Sciences.


Mitch's parents - Dottie & Milton - came from West Virginia, and his sister Dawn and her boys Alton & Ransom, flew in from Maine for the ceremony.

The pictures are courtesy of the EPA. Here's a link to the official website if you're curious.

My personal favorite picture is the one of Milton cheering for his Dad!

No comments: