Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Fishing at Sunset

So I was in the car on the way home when my phone rang.

"I'm out on the water and it's as flat as can be. I'm catching lots of fish. I think you would have fun tonight. Please come fishing with me!!?!"

Shawn doesn't often ask me to go out with him because he knows that I have a hard time sitting in one place when the waves are rolling. I don't get sick, but I'd rather be someplace where my stomach isn't doing somersaults.

But because he was so enthusiastic tonight, I agreed to go.

He was right about the water -- smooth as glass with only the occasional boat wake to make things interesting. He was also right about the fishing. I caught a rockfish on my first cast, and several others -- including one keeper -- before we hung it up.

No comments: