Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day



Some Valentines Day... I got snowed in Albany yesterday, Shawn got snowed in Michigan today. Fortunately, Albany is part of Amtrak's Northeast Corridor, and I wasn't totally stranded.

I took the overnight train to Baltimore -- after spending more time in Penn Station after hours than anyone should have to -- rescued my car from the airport garage, and drove home on precariously icy roads..... only to find that the power was out in our neighborhood!

When I took Crockett out for his romp, I took these pictures in our yard and in the park. Everything is absolutely coated in ice. It was so quiet here today, without the usual sounds -- refrigerator hum, fish tank filter, furnace fan, television babble. The power came back on about 5:30, just as the sun was setting and as the house was starting to get really cold.

Shawn and Jacob made it home about 9:30 tonight. They stopped along the way to pick up some flowers. It wasn't such a bad Valentine's Day after all....

No comments: